A PQQ is the acronym of Pre-Qualification Questionnaire, often the first stage in a procurement process for goods and services. PQQs are designed to draw out necessary information about your organisation, including:
- company name,
- contact details,
- trading history,
- credentials and certifications
- SHEQ arrangements
- Equality & Diversity
- Social/added value arrangements
- And many more!
It is designed to filter out organisations who would not be suitable to deliver the contract you are bidding for. It is also your first opportunity to showcase why your company is best placed to be awarded the contract.
PQQs reduce the administrative burden on the organisation who has put the contract out to tender as it ultimately limits the amount of companies who will be able to complete a tender return. Often only 3-8 bidders will be successfully invited to tender (the next and often final stage of the procurement process), and potentially dozens of companies will be vying for one of those places at the PQQ stage.
Pre-Qualification Questionnaires used to be seen as a simple ‘box ticking’ exercise or application form, but as the tendering arena has become more and more competitive it has become all the more important to dedicate time and energy to ensure your PQQ return is of the highest possible quality.
PQQs can hugely vary in size, scope and severity, but efforts have been made in recent years to standardise this stage. All questionnaires for procurement exercises undertaken on the NEPO Portal are the same, for example, regardless of if it’s for Northumberland County Council or Redcar and Cleveland Council. Another example would be PAS91, which is a standardised Publicly Available Specification facilitated by BSI Standards Limited. This has been produced to streamline the qualification process and reduce costs for tendering for contracts namely in the construction industry.
If you are struggling at the PQQ stage and need some assistance in standing out from the sea of competitors, our team of award winning bid writers are on hand to guide you through every stage of the procurement process.
For many a new year signals a significant milestone, a fresh start where promises are made which are often long forgotten by mid-January as Gyms go back to being empty and the Tesco special of 24 Mars bars for £3 again becomes irresistible. Well we don’t like that approach one bit!
Your life is the most valuable thing you have, and I am disappointed every day to hear people moaning and complaining about their jobs. Did you know that 70% of the UK population are unhappy with their jobs with over 20% stating that they despise their jobs. Wow! So statistically speaking 7 of every 10 readers of this blog are unhappy with their job situation (unless we only attract happy readers) and even if you are happy maybe you know someone who needs to get their backside in to gear and apply for a happy role in a positive work environment at Bid and Research Development. We are actively seeking the greatest human beings available.
We want winners-
“Winners Win and Losers Lose“
that’s a fact! we offer you the opportunity to change lives and bath in the glory that is multi million-pound contract wins providing our clients with security and income, keeping people in jobs and making a real difference. It really is a wonderful thing.
We have three roles up for grabs based in Teesside:
- Junior Bid Writer– an entry level position, ideal for someone who has the raw skills to be an awesome writer- this includes any/all or a combination of attention to detail, business or marketing experience/qualifications, hunger to learn and be an all-round nice person.
- Bid Writer– perhaps you work as a bid writer or in a related field- Marketing, Procurement, copywriting and you are looking for a diverse and continually challenging (in a good way) new role to push you professionally and personally with the opportunity for real career progression.
- Senior Bid Writer– you have to be a truly awesome bid writer for this role perhaps you have more bid writing experience, you need to be good with clients (in fact you need to be utterly charming), you will be expected to support the more junior team members but must not rest on you laurels- you need to be a learning machine and add to our existing culture of sharing experiences and continuing to push your knowledge to the next level. If you have the skill set and desire you may also be involved in business development activity.
Pay rates are very competitive with real potential for progression. We have a range of benefits such as flexible working hours, you get your birthday off along with generous holiday allowance and a whole lot more.
The company is in an exciting phase. we have achieved significant year on year growth. We are officially a scale up business- what does this mean? its a big deal. We have had sustained organisational growth of more than 20% year on year for 3 full financial years. only c.9,000 SMEs in the UK are achieving this from 5.7Million companies. We must be doing something right. Also see our last blog post with a summary of 2017
I could ramble on all day, but I will leave it here. So now it’s your duty to remember how many people hate their job- is it you? maybe a friend? get in touch to find out a little more. We are always happy to have a chat or a cuppa or maybe you just want to apply. Deadline is 19th January with CVs sent to email@example.com
Thanks for reading
07877 700 701